.

This site along with its sister site, It's About HIM is undergoing maintenance so some links may not be working. Due to circumstances beyond our control, there are some broken links. Several websites hosting material linked to on this website have either shut down or made changes which have broken the links. We are working to correct this problem. If you have found any links and would like to help by alerting us to which link, you may email me and let me know. I know I haven't found them all yet. Thank you for your patience.

Hello, Beloved...

How nice of you to drop in and visit my page. It's actually not really about myself, but about the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a place you can come, should you find time, and find encouragement and free resources for spiritual growth. I pray you will be blessed and provoked to follow on to know the Lord intimately yourself. Seek HIM and HIS Face for HE alone is WORTHY!! He alone is lovely! Most of what is written on this blog is written by myself, during my study time with the Lord unless otherwise stated. If it's otherwise, the author's name will be included.

God is our refuge, a very present help in trouble. Psa 46:1

LostSeed.com

Must Hear Messages!

Media that has been removed may still be accessed Here

RSS | My Utmost For His Highest

Sermon Index

Monday, December 14, 2009

Be Still and Know

I'd just like to encourage everyone today and share something God has comforted my heart with this day. I opened my Bible this morning and I went to Psalm 46, longing for comfort and consolation. I carefully read the whole chapter. This verse stood out to me:

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Sit still before the Lord, quiet your mind, your thoughts, ignore your feelings, and anything else bothering you. Be quiet, be still and understand He is God, He knows it all, He has it all under control, and no matter how dark things look, how much darker things will get, He WILL BE EXALTED. And that's all that really matters-for He alone is the answer to every problem and every need.

As I read that verse, a cry rose up inside me, Oh, Lord, be exalted in me, above all that I am or that is in me that is not like You. Be exalted above and in me, Lord.

I'd never looked at that verse in that manner before. But I know, He meant what He said, and He will be exalted, not only among the heathen, but in and above us, His people. Our greatest need is to tarry in His presence, until we are infused with His life, which is the light of men. To come daily before Him, and dive into His Word, seeking the leadership of our Teacher, the Holy Spirit and eat His Word. It's time to seek the Lord, church, like we never have before.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Dear Kathleen,
I like your blog! It's nice to find someone that likes the same preachers and authors and music as I do. I notice that you like Andrew Murray. He's my favorite. Well, he's a toss up with the Puritan writers, I think! I especially like the heart I hear coming through your writing and am looking forward to reading more. Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.