.

This site along with its sister site, It's About HIM is undergoing maintenance so some links may not be working. Due to circumstances beyond our control, there are some broken links. Several websites hosting material linked to on this website have either shut down or made changes which have broken the links. We are working to correct this problem. If you have found any links and would like to help by alerting us to which link, you may email me and let me know. I know I haven't found them all yet. Thank you for your patience.

Hello, Beloved...

How nice of you to drop in and visit my page. It's actually not really about myself, but about the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a place you can come, should you find time, and find encouragement and free resources for spiritual growth. I pray you will be blessed and provoked to follow on to know the Lord intimately yourself. Seek HIM and HIS Face for HE alone is WORTHY!! He alone is lovely! Most of what is written on this blog is written by myself, during my study time with the Lord unless otherwise stated. If it's otherwise, the author's name will be included.

God is our refuge, a very present help in trouble. Psa 46:1

LostSeed.com

Must Hear Messages!

Media that has been removed may still be accessed Here

RSS | My Utmost For His Highest

Sermon Index

Friday, August 22, 2008

Workers of Inqiuity

This is an excerpt from some Bible Study notes posted on my main website,
It's About HIM

and you can download the entire file to read if you like : http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/2/727206/Its%20About%20Him%20pdf%20files/Works%20of%20Iniquity.pdf

Something I think we all should consider:


Jesus said this:


Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.


Eph 2:10 tells us we were ordained to good works. Eph 2:9 tells us we cannot boast in works because Eph 2:8 tells us works will not save us, but God's grace alone. This means whatever you labor in to do for Him, whatever task or deed, will not and cannot save you. Consider very carefully how these individuals will fare when they stand before Him on that day, trusting in what they have done:


Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


To trust in self and works means His sacrifice was meaningless, and unnecessary. It is to say God was wrong to send His Son to suffer like that. It's to exalt self above the knowledge of God. It's to reject the sacrifice of the Savior and say I can save myself because I dress like holiness people should. It's to say I can save myself because I fast and pray and others don't. I can save myself because I give to the poor and am nice to people and others aren't. This is why He condemned the Pharisees. We are ordained-meant to walk in good works but we must know that nothing saves us but faith in Him and His sacrifice-that finished work of Calvary that paid the price for our sins in the eyes of a HOLY GOD. Whatever else we do, we should always point away from self and to HIM as He always pointed to the Father. Of course, that kind of faith requires behavior and attitude adjustments in every area of our lives. Now, consider the emphasis I put on certain parts of the Scripture above and let's examine ourselves, as I also must do. I believe this will cut most of us to the quick. The things we do in His name, is it HIM in us doing it? Have we put self so completely out of the way that HE alone is seen and heard in what we do? Are we totally dependent, and seeking His mind, so He can reveal to us what He is doing and would have us do? In order to do His works, we must be in communion with Him and learn from Him in total dependence just as Jesus did, else we can do nothing but misrepresent Him. As Jesus said, the Father shows Him what He does. What has the Father showed us lately, in prayer? Is what we are doing for the Lord, in His Name, being done because He showed it to us and told us to do it or are we leaning to our own understanding?

Jesus said of His own self He could do nothing, as I hear, I judge, but He didn't seek His own will, but the Father's. He never said "Father I wish to do this or that" but always "Lord, what will THOU have ME to do?" And what self wanted was never a consideration. Without Him in us doing the works we can do nothing acceptable in His sight. If we try to do it in ourselves, He will call it iniquity. God help us. Oh, Lord God help us. We are born in self, raised in self, lived and walked in self so long it has to be a divine operation of God to deliver us from self. This is where the cross must be preached again in the House of God. It's a vital thing that believers understand the purpose and meaning of the cross in their own lives. That is what this believer is seeking to understand. For the next however long it takes, I want to study carefully the cross. Only the Holy Spirit can lead me there and help me understand. That is another reason the Lord sent Him to us. To open truth that is vital to us as we seek it. Thank you Jesus. Lead me to the cross, Holy Spirit, give me grace and courage to not draw back, in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

No comments: