.

This site along with its sister site, It's About HIM is undergoing maintenance so some links may not be working. Due to circumstances beyond our control, there are some broken links. Several websites hosting material linked to on this website have either shut down or made changes which have broken the links. We are working to correct this problem. If you have found any links and would like to help by alerting us to which link, you may email me and let me know. I know I haven't found them all yet. Thank you for your patience.

Hello, Beloved...

How nice of you to drop in and visit my page. It's actually not really about myself, but about the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a place you can come, should you find time, and find encouragement and free resources for spiritual growth. I pray you will be blessed and provoked to follow on to know the Lord intimately yourself. Seek HIM and HIS Face for HE alone is WORTHY!! He alone is lovely! Most of what is written on this blog is written by myself, during my study time with the Lord unless otherwise stated. If it's otherwise, the author's name will be included.

God is our refuge, a very present help in trouble. Psa 46:1

LostSeed.com

Must Hear Messages!

Media that has been removed may still be accessed Here

RSS | My Utmost For His Highest

Sermon Index

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Two natures at war

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I know there are many people who will argue about doctrines and beliefs on the rapture, but with so many Scriptures that tell us plainly HE is coming back our primary objective ought to be staying ready. What about those who are lost around us? When we see Jesus will we be able to say Lord, we thank you for giving us the love and compassion in your heart for them that urged us to pray them in, and strength to look past their sin to their needy soul, and not judge or condemn, but show compassion? We can't condone sin, but we must have compassion and reach out and tell them there is One who loves them and can help them and deliver them. I don't want to be ashamed at His coming, nor do I want to be found asleep. I myself have battled the pressure that comes against our minds when we set our hearts to seek God and surrender fully to God. The devil does not want this, and our own flesh will conspire with the enemy of our soul. It's a willing accomplice. He says He is coming back (1 Thess 4:16-17) for His own.

He warns us in Luke 21:34 to be careful not to get caught up in the things of this world because we will get overcharged with the wrong thing-and in the process we will neglect the One we must have and end up like the foolish virgins of Matthew 25, left out in the cold when the Lord comes for His own. We will see Him one day, face to face. In my heart I know this: He said if we deny Him before men, He will deny us before the Father and the angels. If He deals with me about something in my life, and I refuse to yield it to Him, and agree with Him that it needs to go, I deny Him. If I feel Him drawing me to prayer and I make excuses not to meet Him in the secret place of prayer, I deny Him. Yes, it is a struggle, the flesh and carnal mind does not want to go there. That is why we must present it to Him daily so He can kill it. We can feed on HIM and grow stronger. The two natures inside of us war, and the one we feed the most will be the one to overcome. We can't afford to feed our selves what flesh desires at the expense of the life of Christ inside of us who are born again of the Spirit of God. There is a real warfare, the prince of the power of the air (Satan) does not want us to pray, he wants us to feel unworthy, he wants us to feel afraid and be convinced by his lies that God is mad at us for our failures and flaws, and mistakes, and there is no point in continuing to pray. If we believe and yield to the despair he tries to weigh us down with we agree with our enemy and by our own behavior we are saying we don't believe God and that is tantamount to calling Him a liar.

I know we can't walk with God unless we are in total agreement with Him. (Amos 3:3). It's up to us, who we will believe. Whose report will we believe? The enemy that lies and says we can't make it, we can't have the fullness of Christ and the baptism of the Holy Ghost to give us power to live the life that glorifies God? Or will we believe the Word of God? Our behavior tells which one we believe. We must endure to the end. He says they that endure to the end shall be saved, not those who profess the name of Christ but by their works and lives deny they know Him.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

No comments: